MILFORD, Pa. – Milford Borough is the place to be on Oct. 11 as the downtown shops, spas, studios and eateries stay open for Girls Night Out.
What started three years ago on a whim with a handful of locations has grown into a full-scale event with more than 20 participating businesses and a few hundred attendees.
Milford businesses extend their usual hours to offer product samplings, free classes, complimentary refreshments, prize drawings, and special sales in stores. Milford restaurants and eateries also get involved, as The Waterwheel Café will offer live music with no cover charge and special cocktails into the evening. 403 Broad and Bar Louis at Hotel Fauchere are offering Girls Night Out attendees a complimentary glass of wine with receipts from local business of $25 or more.
“The community has come to look forward to our Girls Night Outs,” said Milford Presents board director Adriane Wendell. “The October event is particularly fun because the weather is getting cooler and all the ladies are looking forward to a night out with their friends after the busyness of getting the kids back to school and before the holidays are here.”
Other Girls Night Out highlights include:
• Caramel apple cocktails and storewide sale at Milford Underground.
• Samples of the drink of the month, light hor d’oeuvres and Scentsy, Arbonne and Papparazzi at Lacquer Nail Bar.
• Free fitness classes at Jen Murphy Fitness, including a 5 p.m. spin class and 6 p.m. yoga class.
• Top secret adult beverage at Golden Gifts Jewelry.
• Open range with instruction at Silver Birch Archery.
• Sales, hor d’oeuvres and adult beverages at Willow.
• Raffle of an invitation for Spa Night with any purchase at Artisan Exchange.
• Homemade Sangria and apple nut muffins at Silver Star Gallery.
• Sampling of fine foods catered by Peter’s Europa House at Ambience Fine Furniture & Gifts.
• Open house event at Davis R. Chant Relators
• Demonstrations of hairstyles using Aveda products at TLC Salon and Spa
• Feather hair extensions with Amanda and henna by Eva at Earthly Treasures from 5-7 p.m.
• Happy Hour at the Dimmick Inn from 5-7 p.m.
• Chocolate molding demonstrations and question and answer at Irene’s Kitchen.
• Blues Jam at the Waterwheel Café and Bar.
• Sampling of the new dips on complimentary wine bar, prizes and 10 percent off storewide at Milford Craft Show.
Girls Night Out is hosted by Milford Presents, Milford’s non-profit organization responsible for producing special events to promote community sustainability. For more information about this and other upcoming events, visit milfordpa.us. A printed location map will be available the night of the event at the following stores: Willow (317 Broad St.), Lacquer Nail Bar (310 W. Harford St.) and The Craft Show (120 E. Harford St.).