Send photos, religious events and ongoing listing changes at least two weeks before the event, to: Amy Berkowitz, Times Herald-Record, P.O. Box 2046, Middletown 10940, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 346-3155.
Congregation B’nai Torah: 14 Lakes Rd. Greenwood Lake, (GPS -1959 Lakes Rd., Monroe.
• Book exchange after services, Jan. 11.
• Community dinner, 6 p.m. Jan. 18.
Temple Sinai: 75 Highland Ave. Rabbi Marcus Rubenstein. 343-1861. Templesinaimiddletown.com.
• Shabbat Morning Learner’s Service, 10:30-11:30 a.m. Sat. For congregants who haven’t been to services in awhile, or are new or need direction during services.
Monroe Temple of Liberal Judaism - Temple Beth-El: 314 N. Main St. 783-2626. Monroetemple.org.
• Tot Shabbat at 6:15 p.m. Jan. 11 for families with young children, will include a crafts projects, songs, and an Oneg Shabbat reception.
• Learning Service, 7:30 p.m. Jan. 11 for beginners and those who are familiar with Jewish worship, will be led by Rabbi Ross and feature background, history and exploration of the spiritual significance of several Shabbat prayers. An Oneg Shabbat reception will follow the service.
Temple Sholom: 5 East Dillon Road. 794-8731 or 794-3962.
• Hebrew Level 2, 11:30 a.m.-12:45 p.m. Thurs., taught by Lauren Miller. Email email@example.com for start date.
Jewish Federation of Orange County: Honors IDF and Jewish War Veterans of Orange County, Kol Israel (Agudas Israel, JCC and Temple Beth Jacob), Newburgh. If you know of any Jewish veterans residing in Orange County, contact Joe Birnbaum (Jbirny@aol.com) or Harvey Horn (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Congregation Agudas Israel: 290 North St. 562-5604. Congregationagudasisrael.org.
• Shacharit Davening – 9 a.m. Jan. 13 with tallit & tefillin with Rabbi Cella followed by Torah Reading class at 10 a.m.
• Tuesdays with Moshe, 1 p.m. Jan. 15. Topic is Judaism, courtesy and civility rules.
• Tu B’Shevat Seder, Jan. 19 after services. RSVP by Jan. 14.
Temple Beth Jacob: 290 North St. Rabbi Larry Freedman. 562-5516, email@example.com or tbjnewburgh.org.
• Open To The Community Service, 10 a.m. Jan. 12.
• Family Shabbat - 7 p.m. Jan. 18. Open to the community.
• Tu B'Shevat Seder, noon Jan. 19 with Congregation Agudas Israel and JCC. Reserve by Jan. 14. to 562-5604.
• Kol Super Bowl Showdown - Feb. 3. A fundraising event to help Kol Yisrael score a fundraising touchdown. Be one of five host houses and receive food and prizes. Attend a host party or donate to the cause. Proceeds go towards the Kol Yisrael Raise the Roof Campaign. To be a host house or for information, 562-5604. firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Kol Yisrael Queen Esther's Ball, March 16. Dancing, drinks and merriment. Queen Esther will be crowned.
Chabad of New Paltz: 10 Oakwood Terrace. 255-8191. JewPaltz.com.
Hebrew/English prayer books make it easy for anyone to follow along as well as transliterations for some of the Hebrew songs.
• Tuesday Night Torah classes, 7-8 p.m. Prepared textual learning in English with discussion and questions.
Chabad House of Pike County, Port Jervis & Deerpark: 30 Shinhollow Road. 672-0325. email@example.com. MessiahTimes.com.
• "Igeres HaKeidesh," (Tanya, Part IV) - 9 p.m. every Wed. through January. Learning series on Alter Rebbe's sacred work, Tanya.
• "Torah Ohr" on the Book of Exodus - 9 p.m. every Mon. through January. A discussion of the weekly Torah portion based on teachings of Alter Rebbe, delivered by Rabbi Shaul Elkeslasi.
• Concepts in Kabbolo: "Beirur: Distillation, Purification and Ascent of the World towards the Messianic Era," 9:30 p.m., Tues. through January. Learn how Torah observance impacts every aspect of a Jew's existence in a learning series delivered by Rabbi Shaul Elkeslasi.
• Rosh Chodesh Adar celebration, 9 p.m. Feb. 5.
Please note: Ongoing synagogue and congregational listings will be printed on a rotating and space-available basis each week in alphabetical order by town/village.
Beacon Hebrew Alliance: 331 Verplanck Ave., corner of Fishkill Avenue. Rabbi Brent Spodek and Cantor, Ellen Gersh. Handicapped-accessible. 831-2012 or beaconhebrewalliance.org.
• Service, 7:30 p.m. Fri. Candlelighting 10 minutes prior to Friday services. Morning services, 9:30 a.m. second and fourth Sat. Kiddush follows.
• Hebrew school, 9 a.m.-noon Sun. and 4-6:30 p.m. Tues.
Chabad of Orange County: 1170 Route 17M, Suite 1. Rabbi Pesach Burston, 782-2770, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All affiliations of Judaism welcome.
• Bagels & Basics – Adult Education Class, 6 Mondays thru March, 8:45-9:45 a.m. Judaism 101 crash course, served with bagel breakfast. For topic menu registration info visit website.
• Chabad Hebrew School: 10 a.m.-noon. Sun. Jewish enrichment where your kids won’t want to miss a day! Hebrew reading, creative curriculum and interactive lessons. No membership or synagogue affiliation required. Excellent bar/bat mitzvah prep.
• Adult Hebrew School – 8 Mondays, October-December, 10:30-11:30 am - A Hebrew crash course for adults, led by Phyllis Goetz.
• Bar & Bat Mitzvah Clubs – Learn what it means to be a Bar/Bat Mitzvah while hanging out with friends, with interactive discussions, workshops and yummy refreshments. For dates and rates check website. Monthly Mondays.
• Ima & Me – Tuesdays, 9:45-11:30 am - Discover your child's word through Jewish stories, music, cooking, crafts and circle-time. Nutritious snacks included.
• Kabbalah & Chicken Soup – 7:30-8:45 p.m. Tues. Nourishment for the body & soul. Classes are designed in a way you can come to one or all. Refreshments and chicken soup served. Classes are complimentary, textbook purchase required.
• Friday Light Live – Spirited Shabbat Service & Delicious Shabbat Dinner. One Friday of each month for one hour. Free of charge.• Shabbat Services & Kiddush, 10 a.m. first and third Sat. Family-friendly, user-friendly Shabbat Services and Torah Reading, followed by buffet Kiddush social. No membership, affiliation or experience necessary.
Congregation Ezrath Israel: Rabbi Eisner Square (31 Center St.). An orthodox synagogue. Rabbi Shlomie Deren. 647-4450. Rabbi@Jewishellenville.com.
• Shabbos, Fri. evening; call for time.. Sat., 9:30 a.m. followed by kiddush.
• Morning shacharis, 8 a.m. Wed.
Temple Beth Shalom: 13 Roosevelt Ave. 651-7817. email@example.com. tbsny.org.
• Shabbat services, 7 p.m. Fri. followed by an oneg. Shabbat services, 10 a.m. first Sat.
• For information about the progressive Hebrew School, call temple office.
Chabad of Orange County: 12 North Church St. A Jewish education center and Hebrew school sponsored by the Lubavitch Hasidic community. All affiliations of Judaism welcome. Contact Rabbi Meir Borenstein, 291-0514 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Free Judaism class about Kabbalah and Talmud, 7:30 p.m. Tues.
• Hebrew School, 10 a.m.-12:15 p.m. Sun. Jewish holidays, Jewish history, Hebrew reading, Aleph Camp, Judaic art and activities. Ages 4-13. No affiliation or membership needed. To enroll, contact Chabad office.
Congregation B’nai Torah: 14 Lakes Road. Services 7 p.m. Fri. 477-3716.
Wellness Springs: 489 Route 32. Interfaith worship service, 9:30 a.m. third Sun., with the Rev. Naomi Fay, honoring and respecting all faith traditions. 928-2898.
Congregation Beth Sinai/White Lake Torah Center: 36 Lake St., (GPS 1959 Lakes Road, Monroe) Rabbi Shmuel Y. Fishbain. 583-7374. whitelaketorahcenter.org.
• Daily services, 8 a.m. and 8:15 p.m. Morning services followed by a quick study in Jewish law. Coffee and refreshments after daily services.
• Sabbath services, 8:15 p.m. Fri.
• Talmud study, 8 a.m. Sat.; morning services, 9 a.m. Followed by kiddush and refreshments.
• Class in Ethics of the Fathers (Pirkei Avos), 6:30 p.m. Sat; afternoon service, 7 p.m.; evening service, 60 minutes after sundown.
Congregation Temple Beth-El: 3531 Route 55. A Conservative Egalitarian synagogue. Shabbat Services, 8 p.m. Fri., and 9:30 a.m., until Labor Day. Rabbi Mitchell Blank. http://congregationtemplebethel.com. 518-339-3219.
Kerhonkson Synagogue: 26 Minnewaska Trail. Progressive shul and welcoming community. Rabbi Reb Sally Wittenburg. email@example.com. kerhonksonsynagogue.org.
• Services, every second Sat. Check website for details.
Congregation Agudas Achim: 254 Lucas Ave. 331-1176.
• Torah & Tea, 11 a.m. Thurs. For information, call 331-1176 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congregation Ahavath Israel: 100 Lucas Ave. Morning minyans offered at 7 a.m. Mon. and Thurs., 9 a.m. Sun. Rabbi Tamar Crystal. 338-4409.
Jewish Federation of Ulster County: 1 Albany Ave. Suite G-10. 338-8131, email@example.com, ucif.org.
Temple Emanuel: 243 Albany Ave. Rabbi Yael Romer and Cantor Robert Cohen. 338-4271.
• Kabbalat Shabbat service, 7:30 p.m. Fri. Monthly potluck meal, 5:30 p.m. first Fri., followed by early Kabbalat service at 7 p.m.
• Musical Kabbalat Shabbat service, 7:30 p.m. third Fri.
• Morning Minyan service, 10 a.m. Sat.
Congregation Ahavath Israel: 39 Chestnut St. Shabbat services, 9:15 a.m. Sat. 292-8843.
Ferndale Synagogue: 72 Academy St. Sabbath morning service, 9 a.m. Sat. 292-7623.
Congregation Agudas Achim: 587 Old Route 17. Shabbat service vary. Rabbi Fredric Pomerantz. 439-3600. Bob Freedman, 439-3600. 796-0892 or firstname.lastname@example.org or 292-2552.
Hebrew Congregation of Loch Sheldrake: Route 52, next to the movie theater. An Orthodox synagogue. Evening service, 7 p.m. Fri. Sabbath service, 9 a.m. Sat. Daily service, 8 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. Check bulletin board for events and time changes. Call Herb at 434-8840.
Lords Valley, Pa.
Jewish Fellowship of Hemlock Farms: 1516 Hemlock Farms. 570-775-7497. JFHF@enter.com.
• Services, 7 p.m. Fri., 9:30 a.m. Sat.
• Religious school, 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Sun.
Temple Sinai: 75 Highland Ave. 343-1861.
• Services, 6 p.m. Fri., 9:15 a.m. Sat.
• Minyan Mon. and Thurs., 6:45 a.m.
• Minyan 9:15 a.m. Sat., 6:45 a.m. Mon., 6:50 a.m. Tues., and Wed.
• Ma'ariv Tues., and Wed., and Fri., 6:50 p.m.
Congregation Olohel Mordche: 34 Satmar Drive. 783-2137.
Monroe Temple of Liberal Judaism – Temple Beth-El: 314 N. Main St. A Reform synagogue. Rabbi, Dennis S. Ross. 783-2626. Monroetemple.org.
• Kabbalat Shabbat, 7:30 p.m. Fri., unless announced otherwise.
• Adult choir, 7:30 p.m. Wed.
• Call the temple for educational programing information for preschool to adult.
Monroe Woodbury Jewish Community Center - Congregation Eitz Chaim: 1465 Orange Turnpike. Hebrew school open enrollment available. Synagogue Office Hours: 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Mon.-Fri. 783-7424. office@Eitzchaim-monroe.org.
• Kabbalat Shabbat, 6 p.m. Fri., Shaharit, 9 a.m. Sat.
Landfield Avenue Synagogue: 18 Landfield Ave. Rabbi Ben-Zion Chanowitz. 794-8470.
• Friday Shabbat services, call for time. Saturday morning Shacharis, 10 a.m. Torah study, 9:30 a.m. Sat.
Temple Sholom: 5 E. Dillon Road. Lift for handicapped available. Rabbi Michele Medwin, 794-8731, email@example.com or templesholomny.org.
• Shabbat services, 7:30 p.m. Fri.
Hebrew Congregation of Mountaindale: Orthodox synagogue on Spring Glen Road. 434-3486.
• Shabbos services, (call for times), Fri., and 9 a.m. Sat. Kiddush follows services. Closed for the fall and winter after Yom Kippur.
Congregation Agudas Israel: 290 North St., Newburgh. 562-5604.
• Michna Class, 9:15 a.m. Tues., 2 Alice’s Cafe, Broadway, Newburgh.
• Learning Liturgy, 10 a.m. Thurs.
• Shabbat services, 9:30 a.m. Sat., followed by Kiddush.
Jewish Federation of Greater Orange County: Programs include Youth to Israel/Gift of Israel; Hebrew day schools; community relations and transitional living. 562-7860.
Newburgh Jewish Community Center: 290 North St. 561-6602. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sacred Heart Church: 25 S. Robinson Ave. Mass, 5:30 p.m. Sat. and Sunday Mass, 10 a.m., noon, 7:30 p.m. Daily Mass at 9 a.m. Mon.-Sat., followed by the Holy Rosary. Confessions 4:30-5:15 p.m. Sat. The Rev. William Damroth. 561-2263.
Temple Beth Jacob: 290 North St. Rabbi Larry Freedman. 562-5516, email@example.com or tbjnewburgh.org.
• JCC Circus Circles - Reserve your Circus Circle now in honor of your loved ones. $36 per circle. Actual painting is located in the hallway outside the JCC office. 561-6602 reserve your circle.
Jewish Congregation of New Paltz Kehillat Ahavath Achim: 8 Church St. A Reconstructionist synagogue. 255-9817.
Chabad of Eastern Orange: 845 Little Britain Road. 565-3816 or chabadeasternorange.com.